From TALSIM Docs
During each simulation the data set is temporarily stored as D:\Talsim-NG\Client\TalsimNG\Simulation. These data sets are deleted again after closing TALSIM NG. If the simulation is aborted, an ASCII file *.ERR is created which contains a short description of the cause of the abort.
Furthermore, a more detailed description of the cause is given when right-clicking on the simulation beneath the error message button.
Causes for the Termination of the Simulation
- In the system administration the decimal separator is not set to dot.
- The simulation period lies outside the time range of the time series.
- The calculation order was not updated for the control cluster when new clusters were inserted.
- Overflow of storage elements, due to too large inflow or too small outflow. Inserting an emergency overflow is necessary.
- Error in the rules and controls.
Copy / Export Variants
If variants are not copied or exported, it is because there is no active simulation. The reason could be the deletion of the active simulation. For this reason you have to right-click on the simulation → activate simulation in the variant to be copied.
Error Messages in System Editor
"The maximum number of <XXX> or system elements already exists!"
Cause: The maximum number of system elements of a certain type is already reached.
Solution: In the installation directory, open the file
\Client\TalsimNG\Definition\TalsimDef.mdb with Microsoft Access and then the table "SystemObjectType". Adjust the value in the field "MaximumNumber" for the desired type. Close the database again and restart Talsim for the changes to take effect.